Box of Broadcasts is a great resource for finding news footage.
It works best if you open up the Search box and use the Search options button just below it.
- You can then make choices, such as TV or radio only, whether your words appear in the title only or in the whole text of the extract.
- You can limit your search to certain channels - click on Custom and make your choice
- Most importantly, you can choose a Custom Date Range, or a specific day, so that you can find coverage of an event in the news.
- One you have selected an item to view, there will often be an option to Show Transcript. fif you click on that, you can view the text of the broadcast as you watch it.
- You can then search for words within the transcript, which is the perfect way to locate the news item you want within a longer news bulletin.
- You can save clips of any sections that interest you
- You can find the URL for the broadcast by clicking on the Share button.
- You can add items of interest to your Playlists, which you can access in MyBoB along with your clips.