EndNote Online, (also known as Endnote Basic), is web-based reference management software. Use it to build a personal collection of references and create reference lists in your required citation style.
It can help take the stress out of referencing by letting you:
- Import references directly from databases and library catalogues, or manually add them.
- Store article PDFs, images and objects beside your references.
- Organise and search for references in your personal library.
- Add citations to your word-processed document as you write
- Create your reference list in a range of citation styles.
- Includes Endnote customisations made by Edinburgh Napier. e.g. Local referencing styles.
The full version of Endnote, known as Endnote Desktop, is available from on campus computers only.
This version has:
- Greater storage [5MB of files; 2MB in the online version]
- An unlimited number of references can be stored [50,0000 in the onlineversion]; and more styles, filters and connection files are available.
Compare Endnote Desktop and Endnote Basic
On Campus Computers - Access Endnote Desktop from : Start > All programs > Applications > Core > Endnote X7